Watch this video on YouTube.
Topics Covered –
- Egyptian Civilization far exceeded other contemporary cultures.
- Much more is known about Egyptian Civilization due to their language & arts, particularly Hieroglyphics & architecture.
- Mummification teaches us a lot.
- Much has been preserved in ancient writing carved in stone or written on paper scrolls called papyri.
- Immortality central to Egyptian Civilization.
- Book of the Dead. Example of an individual facing judgement whose heart is being weighed against the Feather of Truth.
- The importance of the heart.
- Modern Egyptian Civilization developed around the Nile Delta.
- Desiccation important part of mumification.
- The practice of embalming.
- A substance called Natron used in mummification. Natron is comprised of Sodium Bi Carbonate & Sodium Carbonate.
- Autopsy of mummies. First performed in 1825 in England.
- CT Scan & Xray as an alternative to invasive Autopsy.
- Interesting data on height of Egyptians compared to modern people.
- Egyptians who lived during the Dynastic period shorter than those who lived before.
- Egyptians who lived before the Dynastic period existed by hunting & so had higher protein diet. Those who lived during the Dynastic period existed by agriculture & had higher consumption of grain.
- Lack of bone growth also due to disease.
- Data on Life Expectancy. 57.30